Who are we and what are we about?
We are visionaries.
We are forward thinkers.
We are on the cutting edge.
Always have been. Suspect, always will be…
Cool Cribs Lifestyles grew from our founder’s passion for finding her HOME. No matter where she lived, she felt a yearning deep within that there was some pre-destined place out there for her to call HOME. So, she traveled across the country and around the world in search of this elusive yet perfect place. Frequent flier miles racked up, boxes were packed and unpacked, experiences of all Coasts were had, yet still no HOME was found. Exasperated, she let go of the search and instead began to settle into her current surroundings.
While unpacking her treasures acquired along the way, an apparent theme started to emerge among the beautiful objects collected. Though from all parts of the globe and from varying religious beliefs, these items all seamlessly melded together to create a very unique ambience – a Buddha mask there, a menora here, a silk Balinese tapestry there. Guests would immediately feel at ease entering her home and not want to leave the peaceful oasis.
Though her house was beautiful, it was filled with too much “stuff”, so she decided to purge. The one premise in her mind was an object stayed if it brought her joy; if not, it got donated. Perhaps a particular object brought joy at the time of acquisition, but its purpose may have already been filled so the time came to pass its happiness quotient along to another. During this process an amazing thing started to happen, she began to realize surrounding yourself only with things you love creates a certain beauty and harmony. It also uplifts your spirit and increases your joy. Much by surprise, she finally felt like she had found her HOME!
So, she compiled a couple simple thoughts from her journey to share with you:
- There may not necessarily be one exact locale destined for us.
- Our specific karma leads us to different places at different junctures in our lives.
- HOME can be where you find yourself at any given time.
- HOME is a place where you surround yourself with love and beauty… you know the old cliché – “home is where the heart is”.
- Different cultures around the world have different ways to cherish their homes.
- Each and every object in your home needs to be something you love to uplift your spirits and increase your joy.